La Buixeda (Buishēda) is an enchanting 100 acre finca with forests, olive groves, organic agricultural land, natural spring water, a large unfinished house and an ancient ermita (chapel), all surrounded by solitude and nature in northern Spain. The intention of the project is to create a rich community ecosystem for people to live together and meaningfully connect with self, each other and nature. The potential is truly limitless!
Pillars of this Project:
-Sadhana: Meditation, Pranayama, Yoga, Creative Expression, Personal Growth and Conscious Sharing;
-Volunteering, Karma Yoga, Work as Meditation (WAM!);
-Rustic simple living;
-Nutritious and delicious vegetarian food;
-Cultivating a supportive environment of peace, respect and love
Would you like to be part this projecct?
We are looking for volunteers (karma yogis) to live, play and work together. Some of the projects you could help with:
-Work on finishing the house
-Transforming the agricultural land into a permaculture paradise
-Water collection, pools and ponds, irrigation for the house and future gardens
-Cold Pressed Organic Olive Oil Production
-Events, retreats, community development
-Much much more: the possibilities are endless
Moss and Selva also have a retreat house with all the amenities called Casa Vera. We may split our time between the properties this winter and you could join us.
Core Values we support:
- Sadhana (personal daily practice: meditation, yoga, self study, reflection, prayer, sacred movement, spiritual connection with the earth; developing positive qualities like gratitude, peacefulness, compassion, generosity, truthfulness; bringing awareness to egoic desires and fears, developing witness consciousness, being present and open to what life bring, seeking truth, consciousness, bliss, honouring our vital energy)
- Service (The work we do invites us to be present totally in the Now, brining our bodies/minds/emotions into allignment with Spirit; practicing non-attachment and non-aversion; being responsible and intentional and valuing the work we do, practicing karma yoga. All work done from a place of presence is a masterpiece. Serving our community, each other, the Earth, the Spirit)
- Community (Mutual respect and valuing diverse opinions, personalities and character traits; transparency, clear communication; empowering/supporting each other, listening with an open mind/heart with curiosity to what others bring, being generous with our gifts/presence with each other; sharing circles, group activities; striving for a healthy balance within the community with giving and receiving)
- Self Sustainability (Co-creating an ecosystem where the needs of the community are fulfilled as much as possible within the community: food, water, shelter, love, safety, belonging, purpose; developing organic gardens, food forests, fruit trees, water security, renovating the house, building community spaces, and eventually finding ways for residents to earn a livelihood—retreats, events, organic produce, artistic and artisan creations, etc…)
- Creative Living (Viewing the world, each other and ourselves through new eyes over and over, cultivating our unique gifts for the common good; being flexible and open, questioning our convictions/programming, empowering the Creator within ourselves and each other every day, courageously following our paths, seeing every day as a journey of discovery)
- Play (Enjoying the theatre of life as it unfolds, developing the characters we've been given with skill yet non attachment, finding ways to share playfulness together, gatherings to keep life fun and juicy; Understanding life as Lila or Divine Play)
- Nature (Seeing nature as our healer and mother, animals are our friends, family, teachers and dependents; our duty is to care for all the living beings around us as we do with each other and ourselves; Vegetarian lifestyle, eating healthy food; minimizing technological dependence; herbal healing, nature therapy)